favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

5/10/14

BERLIN | Pfefferberg on a rainy night | april '14

I haven't had the best luck with the weather on my most recent trips, but I wanted to share my last visit to Berlin nonetheless. It was just two days and one night, so the trip was quick and rather for study purposes than any free time, but we made the best of it. Visiting Berlin is always an experience and I love the little stores, boutiques, cafés and some of the streets. Although knowing the nicer areas helps when coming to Berlin, as in general – in my honest opinion – Berlin is rather hideous and kinda fucked up; please excuse my language. It's rough edges don't make it any less interesting and worth visiting. It is just what it is and Berlin has a difficult history and is still struggling with it's urban tissue and architecture. There are wonderful places to see and things to do. I love the culture and many different museums in Berlin. I will be posting some more tid bits from my last trip and since I will be visiting again in the next couple of weeks, there might me more to come – hopefully with better weather this time. 


For now, here are some images of the Pfefferberg in Berlin Pankow, which is a unique campus with lots of creative types and studios, galleries and workshops taking place every now and then. I spent a couple of days on an urban design workshop here a few years back and loved the vibe of the area. It used to be partly an old beer brewery which is now converted and accommodates restaurants, a hostel which is quite hip and noteworthy if your staying a bit cheaper in Berlin (nice and central with a contemporary design and architecture), several studios, ateliers, and galleries, plus a cool new private museum for architectural sketches and drawings. We strolled through the premises just after dark and visited a photography and architecture exhibition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment