favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

3/4/14

NEW YORK | aesop, soho, and greenwich village | winter 2013


My favorite way to spend a relaxing day in Manhattan, is to just stroll through some of the most inspiring neighborhoods and just take it all in without any real goal or place in mind. Just wander around and see where the city takes you! 
On our last full day, we headed down to SoHo. While walking back uptown on West Broadway, I passed the well-known soap bottles out on the facade of the Aesop store, so I had to head in for a quick tea and their renowned Parsley Seed Masque. Aesop is an Australian skin care brand that is getting more known quickly. They offer amazing products that I have rapidly started hoarding and using. I seriously could spend all of my money in that store. What fascinates me beyond their products is their design concept and aesthetics. Every store is unique and the work of various architects, interior designers, and artists. You can really tell when entering the stores, and as an architect myself, I am naturally drawn to such love and detail for good design and material quality! Thank you Aesop for existing. 
Enough of that, back to my stroll through the streets. While SoHo can get quite crowded and buzzing with people - this can be charming, but sometimes it can be too much - Greenwich Village usually has a bit quieter, nonchalant charm. Perfect for those easy-going-days and to let oneself get guided by the streets, facades, people, and their emotions that shape this neighborhood. I did not take as many photos, but to be honest, I do not really care, as I just had the best time talking and walking with the best brother in the world!



______________________
NAMES AND NUMBERS

Aesop Store Soho | or visit one of their several boutiques throughout New York | www.aesop.com | wonderful interior, just a great store to spend some time and talk to the staff, have a cup of tea | great skincare brand with an amazing concept and great love for design, literature, and architecture, which is partly why I love Aesop so much | address: 438 West Broadway and Prince Street, SoHo

SoHo and Greenwich Village | wonderful neighborhoods to walk the streets and spend some time looking at all of the architecture, the stores, and the street life!

Empire Hotel | great location for visiting Manhattan. Directly at the Lincoln Center, so perfect if you are going to the Opera | www.empirehotelnyc.com | address: 44 West 63rd Street



No comments:

Post a Comment