favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

3/8/14

BROUGHT BACK FROM | new york city | winter 2013


When traveling I usually come back with a few small (or sometimes bigger) treasures that keep reminding me of that certain place and time - to always feed the mind and soul. Bringing back treasured items from abroad is one of the best things when traveling. 







______________________
NAMES AND NUMBERS

Le Labo Fragrance Neroli 36 | Elizabeth Street in Nolita, Manhattan | for more information on the brand and my experience in their store, check out my post here | wonderful and unique perfumes that are made personally for you in front of you. they offer very good quality fragrances that are special and not for every one I assume, but in my opinion, they are definitely worth checking out and sniffing your way through what they have to offer! | www.lelabofragrances.com 
Neroli 36 is a very fresh orange blossom perfume, but not what one would expect from a fragrance named as such (Le Labo perfumes are always named after the main ingredient with the highest concentration - not necessarily smelling strongly of it however in some cases - keep that in mind when trying them). It reminds me of summer days at the ocean – the sun warming the sand and the skin, salty hair and bodies from the ocean, distant wafts of summer flowers. I greatly dislike the typical beachy perfumes with a coconut-fruity-vanilla-suntanlotion-feel. This one is nothing like those. Try it if you get the chance. It is very special to me and I am happy that I got a personalized bottle during my visit to Manhattan. 

– As a lover of both Dean & Deluca and tea, the Jasmine & Orange Flower Tea which I brought back home was a must when I spotted it in the SoHo store. With every cup I am brought back to the city within the realms of my imagination. 

Aesop Parsley Seed Mask | read more about it here | www.aesop.com

Vince | two sweaters which I constantly wear now, they are absolutely amazing and I have fallen in love with the brand | www.vince.com 

– Helmut Lang Tuxedo Blazer | I have been looking for one that is not too over-done and has a rather casual vibe, this one was just that and perfect for me | www.helmutlang.com | Another thing I have to point out on this matter: if you'll notice in the second to last photo, the blazer is now hanging in my closet on an original, vintage New York United States Lines Coat Hanger. My boyfriend purchased it for me a while ago from E-Bay and it looks quite old and battered, but I love it!

Burt's Bees Lip Balm in Blush Orchid and Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rosé | two wonderful colored lip balms I always carry around with me | www.burtsbees.com and www.fresh.com

– a random but beautiful black stone necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment