favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

2/21/14

NEW YORK | winter 2013 | williamsburg's domino sugar factory

my final semester is nearing and I am very soon very busy with my master thesis. which is this: the derelict domino sugar factory in williamsburg, brooklyn, directly at the east river in nyc! what a task - but I've put it on myself, so no complaining here. I am actually looking forward to it and transforming this old and historic building (which I find extremely beautiful and intriguing) into something relevant and equally important again. For now, here are some impressions that I took upon first arriving at the site. 
PS: if you have ANY information, good advice, additional images of the main factory building (seen below) then please email me: domino@carolinmeier.com 
I am thankful for any material that I can get, so that I can do my best on (theoretically) re-thinking and re-designing this factory!






the surrounding river and skyline is impeccable and although rather rough, it is quite the sight! williamsburg is surely not a bad neighborhood to situate ones master thesis project in. I am very excited. the river, the urban context, the williamsburg bridge, and the very unique art scene give me the perfect surrounding material to work with. I am officially starting my research and my theoretical part in march, the design and entire concept will follow, so that I will be finished around august/september. stay tuned!









No comments:

Post a Comment