favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

2/28/14

NEW YORK | winter 2013 | bryant park and lavo


Bryant Park is one of my favorite parks. It is always magical year-round. I love it especially in summer, when the trees form an intimate canopy overhead and you can relax on the big lawn or have lunch at on of the many green iron tables and chairs. There are also always some table-tennis games going on (yes, even in winter) and the atmosphere was always fascinating and full of life whenever I visited. 
In the winter a big ice skating-rink is set up, and especially during christmas time it is quite crowded, so be ready for that if you decide to go (then again, where isn't it crowded during christmas time). The sleek Bank of America Tower is also quite a site (directly adjacent to the park). The sky is always mirrored off the facade, making it appear completely transparent/non-existent at times. 

Now, it might be a little late for this ( it definitely is too late for this ) but I still wanted to show a picture of Rockefeller Center with the tree and lights and all! I have to be honest, I do not care much for the tree ( I am not a big fan of all the colorful and eclectic lights - even though the tree itself is quite impressive ) but the atmosphere around it is great. I love the trees lining the plaza - they are adorned branch for branch with white lights. Together with the silver and gold flags the place is quite surreal. Just also be prepared for crowds, even after Christmas, especially at night. I usually avoid the street directly in front of the tree. A bit further away is perfect for me.

A few blocks up from Rockefeller, you'll find one of my favorite restaurants in New York: Lavo. It is supposedly also a great night club (in their basement I believe) although I have never been. For lunch or dinner though, it is the ultimate. Food and service is perfect, and the interior is just my thing as well! Nice old brick walls, heavy wood, and iron structures with a cool italian/manhattan vibe. (I did not take any photos though, so just check it out for yourselves - more info down below)

On another side note, the streets of midtown and downtown (or any other part of the city really) at night are always beautiful and great for some night-time images.










_______________________

NAMES AND NUMBERS

– Bryant Park with the impressive Public Library | great in every season 
Bank of America Tower | nice to gaze up at from Bryant Park
– Rockefeller Center | christmas tree obviously, during chirstmas time
Lavo | www.lavony.com | 39 East 58th Street between Madison and Park Avenue | great style: Italian meets Manhattan | good food and ambience, nice interior, and supposedly also amazing night club! | one of my favorite restaurants for lunch and dinner (not the cheapest however, so check out the menu beforehand and then maybe treat yourself)


No comments:

Post a Comment