favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

1/7/14

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS - no thank you!



This year, I give a cr*p about all of the bul*sh*t that is supposed to be New-Years-Resolutions. 
I just won´t do it. I am so fed up with just about anything and everything, and the one thing I definitely do not need is a list of things I need to supposedly improve, upgrade, or think about. It would be one of the gazillion things already stressing me out to the max, and I can not handle it. 

So instead, I will try NOT to improve anything, but try and think about everything a little less. You see, I am a person that easily stresses out about every little thing, no matter how minuscule it may be. I have so much to do and always so much on my mind, that I am in a constant state of feeling rushed, panicked, and overwhelmed. Most of the problem might be (is) in my head, I must admit. I think about stuff way too much. 
I feel like something DOES need to change this year, but it won´t include anything like a typical resolutions-list would. Here are some general life-problematics I will try not to do:

- trying to do everything as efficiently and effectively as possible. This is part of my main problem, and it.has.got.to.go! So what if I slack off a bit every now and then - it happens! Allowing time to free the mind will make way for new creativity and energy. 
- over-thinking everything. Things will have a way of working out. They usually do (I will try to verify that statement this year)
- always justifying what I think and what I want or what I do. If I stand behind my actions, I will (try) not (to) give a damn about what others might think of them. 
- comparing myself. Something I bet we all do, but it just piles on the stress and that ain´t good for our anti-aging prevention-plan (not that I have one per se...)
- not feeling good enough. We are ALL great and none of us should feel weird about ourselves, are you with me?

Ok, so this is getting a little too depressive here, so I will stop and just repeat that I will try to take things a little easier and with a spring in my step, with no pressure of any absurd resolutions that were completely inadequate and unrealistic in the first place. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Having said that, I will try to take up blogging a bit again, as you will surely have noticed my absence. But keeping the above in mind, I will not pressure myself into trying to blog as much as possible because one is told that at least one post per day is necessary to keep readers interested. Phff!! When I have got something to say, I will post it. If nobody will read it, I will not care! (yeah right, but you get the point)
Since my Christmas was spent in New York and I had previously done quite a bit as well, there might be more than enough posts to come, if I get around to posting them, that is!
So expect some personal impressions, thoughts, and images tackling the Big Apple, one of my favorite subjects. And who wouldn´t be interested in photos and images of the one and only New York City? Yea, thats what I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment