favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

10/15/13

TRAVEL HOTSPOT . tenue de nîmes store in amsterdam



Even though I have only been in Amsterdam for a day, I feel like I want to claim that Tenue de Nîmes has got to be one of my favorite stores and if you are at all interested in fashion, design, and general good style and taste, then you must have a visit in either one of their stores in Amsterdam. I have been to the one on Elandsgracht, which completely blindsided me while strolling along the street. Me and my boyfriend just stood there peeking inside the store in the doorway for what felt like an hour, somewhat in trance before we managed to properly enter and have a look around. Besides all of the amazing brands that they offer (Acne, Current/Elliott, Rag & Bone - yep!) what caught my attention was the perfection of decor and detail. I could have lived in that little store. I loved the entire concept: the architecture (they had very old, vintage Vitra Eames chairs in their changing rooms...that says it all, doesn´t it?), the interior design, the materials, the color palette (pretty much dark, old, battered wood, grey and silver, metal accents, some navy and lots of green from small succulents and plants in amazing little pots.) Plus so many gorgeous leather objects (that you could also buy, which took me a lot of will-power to resist doing). In general, and this makes sense since it started as a mans store and still primarily is for men, the vibe and style was rather masculine, but so meticulously casual and effortless that I was in awe. I guess I am really not the type of girl going for anything glittery, pink, and pastel-colored (all though all of these aspects do have their place) so this store with all of its content just simply appealed to me very much. 
Unfortunately, this window picture is the only one I have, so you will just have to trust me on it´s amazing interior and go for it when ever you are in Amsterdam. 


- Elandsgracht 60



1016 TX Amsterdam


- Haarlemmerstraat 92-94



1013 EV Amsterdam


Here are a few things that I put together from their online store, just to get an idea of the amazing things to buy or look at. 
Acne black jeans, blue sweater and black ankle boots | Le Labo candle | Carrière Frères candle | Ellen Truijen wallets in orange  

No comments:

Post a Comment