favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

10/6/13

TRAVEL HOTSPOT . droog hotel and shop in amsterdam









D R O O G   S H O P   G A L L E R Y   A N D   F A S H I O N  |  Here is one tip that I have while in Amsterdam: check out the Droog Hotel, which is located on Staalstraat within the immediate city center. The concept behind Droog is quite unique and interesting. It offers a few very nicely decorated and furnished room for guests to stay in, as well as a gallery, shops, a café and general areas to stay and browse or contemplate. The design brand was known and loved for their collection of anything design related, and the hotel is their first foray into the hospitality business. There is as much emphasize, maybe even more, on the shops and installments as on the actual hotel room and accommodations. I quite like their style and relaxed atmosphere. It is for sure a nice location to browse for either kitchen equipments, fancy but innovative and quite simple items such as lamps, chairs, books, or clothes and accessories in their fashion section. I left empty handed, but that wonderful little white cup almost made it home with me. Maybe next time. 
There is a great café and lounge area belonging to Droog, but it is on an entirely different level (literally, it is one level up from the images you see here, on the second floor). If not for the items to look at and maybe buy, then go ahead and skip that and go straight for the food and drinks and quality time at the Cafe & Tearoom. I will do a separate post on it to fully introduce you and do it justice. 

(for some reason, when I was there a few days ago, the cosmetic section was missing. there was one room completely empty, being painted, so I am guessing they either shut that section down, which would be a shame, or they were renovating. I was quite disappointed with this, as I was eager to check out the many cool brands that they are supposedly offering. Can anyone maybe fill me in on this? )

Droog Hotel http://www.hoteldroog.com/ for more information
The Cool Hunter also has a nice article on the concept of Hotel Droog here

2 comments:

  1. I live in Holland, but I never knew of this hotel/shop! Seems fun!

    X
    www.fashion-attacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me ha encantado tu entrada y también tu blog. Me pasaré más a menudo por aquí!!

    Un beso enorme^^

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/7136165

    ReplyDelete