favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

10/17/13

PERFUME . le labo - new obsession

I am completely obsessed with scent, fragrance, perfume (anything that smells nice, really) and now more specifically - LE LABO fragrances. But get this: I have never even smelled a single one of their perfumes! It is somewhat hilarious that I am already all crazy about them without even knowing what they come up with scent-wise. In my head, all of their perfumes (If not all, then at least most of them) smell incredibly good, creative, unique, and unforgettable. Yea, that´s me going crazy for something I have never held, felt, smelt, or dealt with in any other way than through cyber space (internet)
I don't know why - or actually, I do know why - I am so eager to try these and call one of their concoctions my own. 
I love their new (not that new, I am just late to the party, they have been around since 2006 I believe) concept and approach towards contemporary perfumery and as a huge fan of simplicity and elegant and basic style, I of course admire their very reduced, back-to-basic type of bottle and labeling. I have read all about them, their store, their believes, and their perfumes. I can tell you, I am definitely checking them out thoroughly (and thankfully in real life then) when I am in New York for Christmas this year. I really hope I will fall in love with at least one of their scents and take one gorgeous bottle home with me. 
Another fact that amazes me: they make your bottle specifically for you upon order! I mean - how cool is that? You go into the store, ask for a specific scent and then they make the perfume directly in front of your eyes, bottle it, label it (with their name, the date, the store, and then with YOUR name) and then charge you (quite a lot, but who cares, it will have your name on it) for it. Then you can take it home with you, call it your signature scent and love it forever! That is how I picture it. We will see, but I have high hopes.

Their website is also very creative and conveys their unconventional (but very effectively marketed) strategy and ideas behind Le Labo. The first two images above are examples of their website www.lelabofragrances.com
The last image is of their superb bottles and perfumes. These are four of the many that interest me from their range. You can read up on them on their website. They describe all of their scents very interestingly and create a sort of imaginary setting or atmosphere for each of them. 

Anyhow, I have to admit that raving about this without even having smelled any of it before sounds a tad hit pathetic, but I do love good perfume, and these sound so damn promising. I will report back after christmas with my thoughts! 

Has anyone tried these before or even owns one of them? Would love to know, so please share!

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to try this perfume out!

    xx
    http://ffranklyspeakingg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please let me know if you do and tell me what you think about it! I am very interested :) greetings

      Delete