favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

9/17/13

NYFW . cropped tops at proenza schouler

C R O P   +   M E T A L  |  and another beautiful image capturing fashion at its finest (via Scott Schuman once more at The Sartorialist
Up until a few weeks ago, if asked, I would have aggressively argued against showing any signs of my belly outside (or indoors for that matter) (except for maybe sport-related activities) So many before me have made the same statement. And I can not help it but to join and say that I absolutely adore the new cropped tops and outfits going along with it. Now I personally would never ever (see how I am saying never again...yea, I know, you should never say never) wear a crop top paired with low-rise jeans or anything overly revealing. I love how it is done at Proenza Schouler for the Spring/Summer show in New York a few days ago - showing only the slightest amount of skin, just enough to make it sexy and daring enough, but still moderately to be able to wear it (almost) anywhere. Super cool! (and the metallic-rosé...cropped AND metallic!) I am not quite sure if I can really pull this look off (might need to hit the gym some more first) but I am for sure in love with it (if styled right). Especially the look by Michael Kors, which I also recently talked about. THAT would be my perfect outfit including a crop top. 
And since I am noticing a lot of stuff in brackets in this post, maybe the crop top is something I will absolutely dream about on others, but might not be for me (just yet).(who knows - next spring and summer will come - and the crop top by the looks of it is not going anywhere)

No comments:

Post a Comment