favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

9/2/13

MUSIC . stromae papaoutai




a very random mention of one of my favorite songs at the moment > Papaoutai by Stromae. I usually don´t know any of the videos to the songs, and I don´t really care much for them. When a good friend showed me this one though, it somehow really grasped my attention and I can´t get enough of it. It´s just that good. I am not even sure why I am addicted to is so much. I had known the song before and really loved it, but after staring at the video mesmerized, I think I am slightly obsessed with it. The whole idea behind the video, the composition and simple retro setting is impossibly cool, but what gets me the most is the amazing dancing in mother/daughter father/son pairings. The dance moves in combination with the song and lyrics are phenomenal. The whole thing is quite funny and ironic and some how insane yet emotionally overwhelming and profound at the same time. I say very well done and keep it coming Stromae! 

You can watch the video here: http://vimeo.com/68050922
the images above are all screenshots of the video (I am not sure if I am allowed to put them up, but I wouldn´t know why not, so for now, they are up)

No comments:

Post a Comment