favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

8/3/13

TRAVEL IMPRESSIONS . Barcelona part II > one of three











the second day started with another stroll through the old city, taking in the atmosphere and enjoying all of the little shops and restaurants with their tiny but oh-so-beautiful entrances and openings towards the streets and sidewalks. One of my favorite shops was in a cozy and pretty side- one-way-street. It was filled with handmade bast fiber baskets, bags, hats and the likes. It was somewhere around the corner of the Via Laietana and Carrer de Ripoll. And yes, that is where I got my lovely hat that I enjoyed wearing throughout the rest of my trip. (and it only cost six euros, thats pretty good right?) 

We walked (!) all the way from our Hotel up on the Passeig de Gràcia down to the beach promenade! Again, we decided not to walk along the Rambles and preferred all of the goodness that the little side walks/streets/passages had to offer until we reached the sea-port and from there the sand/water of the Balearic Sea. It took some time to reach the sea, but we did stop in rather a lot of shops on the way. I would estimate that you walk a good hour if you go straight from the hotel (Majestic) to the beach (not the port, but the real-deal- sand-and-water-beach, which is further from the sea port than I had thought, so keep that in mind). Of course you can easily take the bus or metro, but I always prefer to walk in a new city to get a feeling for it and see where I am going! It is very important to me. If I know a city quite well and can relate down below the ground where the train is taking me, then thats fine. But Barcelona was a first. And so I walked (a lot)! 

I was wearing 
Superga shoes / Zara shorts / Femme top / Massimo Dutti belt / Michael Kors hat / Michael Kors bag / Essie Marshmellow nailpolish

No comments:

Post a Comment