favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

8/23/13

TRAVEL HIGHLIGHT . restaurant "gallito" at barcelona´s beach front
















A restaurant that should not be missed while in Barcelona is the Gallito. It is located directly underneath the new W Hotel at the beach promenade. The food was excellent and fresh and everything that we had was very tasty. Besides great food and drinks, however, I fell in love with the interior design, the many colorful pots and plants (from herbs and lavender, to grapevines), the soft blankets and curtains surrounding the areas outside, and even the colorfully patterned place settings. The atmosphere was unbeatably carefree and relaxed, cozy and intimate, but somehow also elegant, chic and very authentic! As an architect (soon to be) , I loved the authentic and raw materials! 
The two huge black and white photographs were also seriously something special and something I would love to put up in my own home (if it had any walls large enough). I adored every detail of this restaurant. I even asked wether I could possibly purchase the lovely plate and little bowls that our pita bread with two (very very very delicious) dips (eggplant and artichoke) came in, but unfortunately I couldn´t. Would have loved to take it home as a souvenir and great memory. As an appetizer, the dips with pita bread is definitely something I recommend getting! 
And don´t be fooled by these photos. We had been at the beach and decided to wander over to the Gallito (which we had seen to a previous visit to the also very amazing W Hotel) to have lunch at around 12 in the afternoon. This was very early and the restaurant just was not filled yet. I usually think that many vacant tables and seats are a bad sign for restaurants, which is why I clearly want to state that it was packed full during proper eating hours, especially late at night during dinner and cocktails. It was great for my photos though, not having to disturb so many people while enjoying their meals at this more than amazing restaurant. Most certainly a highlight during my trip to Barcelona, and a place I would always return to if I am ever in town again. 


Gallito Restaurant > http://grupotragaluz.com/restaurantes/gallito/ in Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment