favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

8/14/13

TRAVEL . barcelona travel diary part V > la boqueria, the beach, and the best restaurant!




















this day pretty much consisted of only highlights for me. The market, la Boqueria, was something that I miss every day now that I am back. I wish it was just around the corner, or, better yet, directly underneath my apartment - although that might be too noisy, so forget that. 
I am a huge, seriously, huge fruit junky. Needless to say, but I will do it anyways, the market with it´s abundance of fresh fruit and smoothies was beyond heaven for me. I could have tried EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of those vibrantly colorful smoothies. The ones I did try were amazingly good. Once I could force my attention to something different than fruit and fruit smoothies, the rest overwhelmed and excited me almost as much. There was plenty to see of everything. 
We decided to go very early in the morning, when they were still setting up at some stands to avoid the huge crowd that passes through the stands each day. I think this was a good call, since it was still very quiet for this market and I could calmly take my photos and decide on which fruit to buy and what smoothies to drink! Oh my! It was all so good. 
Had the fruit for breakfast once we arrived at the beach. 
The main reason for getting up so early that day was to (again) avoid the masses and crowds at the beach. As we walked through the streets towards the ocean front, all of the little street shops with their windows and entrances were still closed. This was an entirely different atmosphere. We had walked along the same streets days before, but they were now so peacefully quiet and seemed way smaller than before, since all of the shop entrances were shut, mostly with gates and sturdy shutters. 
We relaxed at the beach, which was bearably full for a few hours before we couldn´t take it anymore and fled the scene at mid-day. We walked along the promenade towards the W Hotel, where we had previously seen an array of great looking restaurants. I already had one particular in mind: the Gallito, which was another great highlight of my trip. I will dedicate an entire new post to this. Check back in a few days for more images and a description on the restaurant that blew my mind. It really was good, not only the food, but the entire interior and concept. I loved it, can you tell?

2 comments:

  1. I have seen so many photos from this market (even a tv show), so it has become one of my dream destinations. Everything looks so colorful and vibrant.

    Brigita,
    http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful! I really want to visit Barcelona when I see these pictures :) xo

    ReplyDelete