favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

8/23/13

RACING DAY . audi ascot horse racing event in langenhagen > neue bult




















I attended the Audi Ascot Horse Racing event last weekend and had a fun timing taking in the atmosphere, the colorful jockey outfits and hats of the guests, as well as the equestrian location. It was my first time at such an event and it was fun to see some of the people dressing up accordingly (some looking amazing while others maybe not so much, but that is none of my business). It was an eclectic mix in any case. Since I did not really have a hat matching my dress (which I really wanted to wear) I went without one, which was perfectly fine as well (I certainly was not the only one going hat-less). I was shown around the entire site and since I had no idea about some of the procedures, rules, and general happenings of horse racing, I was told a bit about it, which was actually quite interesting. I for one did not know that most of the time, the jockey does not even know the horse it is riding, but is hired by the horses owner for one particular race. Horse and rider are not necessarily teams, but are mixed and matched according to the owner and trainer of each horse and training stable. Some of the renowned jockeys are then flown in from around the world for a certain race day - as it is different with dressage and jumping, I was surprised by this. I tried taking photos of everything I found interesting. The last photos are a sequence of the start of the main race, which turned out quite nice, if I do say so myself. 

Oh, and check out my video sequences of the start and end of the main race on instagram @caromable 

What I was wearing:
BCBG MaxAzria dress  I  Zara leather jacket  I  Massimo Dutti high heels  I  Jigsaw leather handbag

No comments:

Post a Comment