favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

8/12/13

OUTFIT . 120813 > ripped jeans and silk shirt




wore this out to run some errands the last day for an easy-going and loose summer outfit. Temperatures aren´t that high anymore here in northern Germany, so jeans had to do. These are very old 7 jeans which have a straight cut and fit rather loosely, somewhere between a baggy boyfriend jean and a straight cut leg. I love them for a day at university or just a quick trip in the city. They used to not be ripped, but I actually adore the way they freyed and ripped over the years - well worn jeans I would say. Also a nice and light color for summer. What more to demand from your casual every-day jeans? 
Paired them with another old but treasured favorite: a Zara polka-dot blouse which has rather high slits on each side so that the front can be effortlessly (oh how I love this word, you´ll see) tucked into your jeans while the back drapes longer over your backside pockets - something I really like and makes the look rather casual. 
Now, the thing with shoes currently is this: I love heels but don´t ever wear them. This might be due to the unfortunate pavement situation in my current city: cobble-stones where ever you go. It looks nice, but if you depend on walking around on it, heels might not be the best option. I try every once in a while, but I usually always opt for flats, boots, or very very very low heels. (no kitten heels though - don´t like those at all)
Otherwise a nice heel (perhaps these?) would take this outfit up a notch! Your pick!! What kind of shoes would you wear with this outfit?

I was wearing >
ZARA  I  polka-dot shirt
7 for old Mankind  I  old straight cut jeans (ripped over the years)
Pretty Ballerina  I  ballet flats
Michael Kors  I  two-toned runway watch
Marc by Marc Jacobs  I  earrings

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect combo. Love this easy, classy look.

    Lovely blog!!

    XO,
    Catherine (your newest follower)
    FEST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you so much! i am very glad that you like it

      Delete