favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

8/24/13

NAIL COLOR . corals > chanel vs. catrice


I have to admit that I have hoarded far more Chanel nail polishes than I can handle (I have so many colors that have not been used more than twice...it´s very sad, and quite pathetic). One that I do use very regularly, all year round is #549 Distraction. I love the color and if anyone forced me to only keep one nail polish for ever, I would probably choose this one. 
I have however found one that I almost equally treasure as much. The color of this Catrice nail polish (wearing it in the first picture) is very very similar to my beloved Distraction for only a fraction of the price. It is very hilarious that I (we) pay so much for a Chanel product that is known to chip easily and that needs at least two coats, better three, to look appropriate. But I might do an entirely different post on that topic later. 
The Essie nail polishes are always great for an affordable price (again compared to the Chanel ones) but the two or three Euro´s of the Catrice versions is unbeatable. And I have to say, the quality is totally fine. I prefer two coats with this as well, but one is enough to get good color. The brush is wide and thick for good application. The only thing missing (for me) is a little more depth and complexity in color. The one reason I still justify splurging on a Chanel nail polish to myself, is their superb colors. They do really nail it every time. A lot of people would probably not even notice the difference with these two, but since I am quite biased and very design/color/art savvy (haha) I honestly do notice the difference that makes the Chanel color come out ahead slightly in my books. With the hefty price tag, however, one should really think about wether it´s really worth it. If you ask me now, I would always use the Catrice color on my toe nails, and as long as I have it, the Chanel color on my finger nails. If I do every run out of Distraction, I will seriously have to think about repurchasing it, now that I know of the Catrice version. What do you guys think? Do you have one particular color that you always splurge on? Or are all of your nail polishes high/low in price?

No comments:

Post a Comment