favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

8/17/13

FOOD . (straw)(blue)berry dreamin´


I have always been in love with fresh fruit. (I am addicted and could live solely with fruit as my main food intake). I usually mix a fresh smoothie every morning and strawberries or blueberries fresh from my local market are usually part of it. I like to hoard them and buy loads in summer so that i can use some directly, but also to freeze a large part to help me through the winter months. 
whenever I can get my hands on good deals at the market, I buy more than I can actually eat that day/week and freeze everything to use later when I can not get good fresh berries. I wash them and cut off any stems/leaves and put them into containers or zip-lock-bags. 
Since I don´t like the usual baskets the berries come in from the market stands, I usually transfer the ones I want to eat fresh into some glass jar or bowl. Old and washed marmalade glasses always look pretty. I put them on the table for dessert. Actually looks really cool. This one from Bonne Maman always looks good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment