favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

8/1/13

DRINK . how about a rock shandy?


it has been extremely hot, especially for northern Germany. Nothing near the temperature levels where the inspiration for my current-favorite drink originated, but still hot enough to justify drinking it (I actually don´t need a reason, I love the taste and might even drink it during winter if I feel like it, so don´t worry) 

THE ROCK SHANDY 
my father used to frequently travel to Namibia and South Africa for work and got served the Rock Shandy as a non-alcoholic refreshment drink in the African Heat! He then brought it back home to us and I love drinking it at home now whenever I want something not as plain as water or as an alternative to my usual hot tea. 
If someone from the area is reading this, please tell me if this really is a know and national drink in Africa or if it´s something created for tourists, you know, like the western chinese food that has nothing to do with the real, actually chinese, food...(as I am told)
do let me know, I am quite interested. 

Anyway, I love sipping this anytime of the day. I mix:
/ half the glass full of ginger ale; or plain sparkling mineral water
/ the other half with sparkling lemonade (preferably not the over-sugared, too sweet kind, but more of the natural(-tasting) stuff)
/ and the most important part: quite a few drops of Angostura Bitter, depending on how big your glass/cup is! I really like this stuff
/ stir

The drink really is very refreshing, slightly bitter, but extremely good!! especially in this heat...I think Im gonna make some right now

No comments:

Post a Comment