favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

7/6/13

TRAVEL IMPRESSIONS . first impressions of my trip to Oslo


This is another post moved here from my other blog about some of my travels. I know that this is not the most summer-appropriate post (it´s Oslo in Winter...) but since the weather here in Germany has been almost as chilly as in these photos recently, I thought I might as well show you my first impressions of my first trip to Norway. Thankfully the temperature has been rising again and I can get out some more Cuba photos for you!!


...swans, ice, the opera, and colorful patterns


For a post with a destination of a different vibe - in pretty much every aspect - than the previous, we travel to Scandinavia. A while back I went to Oslo for a week for a study project. I have never been to Norway, so this trip was pretty exciting, especially since I was extremely interested in the Oslo Opera by architecture practice Snøhetta (I am a huge fan). Here are some first impressions, pretty randomly mixed. I will definitely post about some of Oslo´s architecture in the next couple of days.











(this is for the german readers amongst you...sun in german is "Sonne"...so no sun in Oslo during this time of year! It was really a unique experience)

No comments:

Post a Comment