favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

6/3/13

PARIS . stars lights and rain









I was recently talking with a friend about traveling and going to Paris. She has been to the french capital a few times now and told me that it did not interest her that much anymore (except for the French Open that is). She has seen it and loved it but that is it. She does not necessarily need to travel there anymore. Rather something else, new, and exciting. I get that. But I will always have a few cities (cities especially as opposed to scenic vacation destinations) that I love and adore so much that I could always go, anytime, all the time! With Paris I can not tell yet, because I have only been once for five days. It was a great time, and I want to go again, but to say that I will always return to it no matter what... I don´t know yet. New York City however is my great love and I can not imagine ever not wanting to go. I am usually always excited to experience new places and cultures, but I can´t let go of NYC. It might partly be because I used to live there, but the city just has so much to offer and is in constant change - it is vibrant and dynamic, full of life and excitement, places, art, architecture, people, colors, seasons, neighborhoods, foods, styles, and so on. I LOVE it! So maybe Paris will become one of those cities for me that I will always return to, just like NYC. It is off to a good start, and I might be returning to it in a few days if everything goes well. Do you have those places/cities that you always want to return to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment