favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

5/22/13

THE COMPARISON . le volume de chanel + l´oréal voluminous carbon black mascaras


WHAT THEY CLAIM TO DO AT WHAT PRICETAG:
"This high-precision mascara achieves instant volume and intensely lush colour in a single stroke. Its innovative formula expands, plumping lashes to their fullest. The exclusive new ‘Snowflakes’ brush combines long and short bristles to deliver an extreme, eye-opening effect."
USD $30.00
EURO €29.95
"Voluminous® Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara is uniquely formulated to resist clumping, soften and build lashes up to 5X their natural thickness with 2X the intensity of your regular black shade. -The unique maximizing formula quickly thickens and builds lashes in a single application for a full and dramatic look. -The Volume Maximizing Brush thickens lashes evenly and smoothly, leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges or clumps. Clump-resistant. Fragrance-free. Ophthalmologist-tested and allergy-tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers."
USD $7.25
EURO ca. €9.00-10.00


WHAT I SAY ABOUT THEM AND WHICH ONE I PREFER:

The Voluminous Carbon Black mascara has been one that I used for a long time now and have not questioned it being my number one every-day-use mascara. Then I got a sample of the Chanel Le Volume de Chanel a little while ago and everything changed. Now this sounds a bit too dramatic, but this new launch by Chanel is actually really quite nice. So nice in fact that I am debating of pushing the L´Oréal one off of it´s throne, naming the Chanel one the new queen of my lash-pimping products! I am not a person to hoard loads of different mascaras. I have quite thick and long ones already, for which I am very happy. A quick layer of mascara will do to get me through the day. When I need water-proof mascara I always use Lancôme Hypnotize in Waterproof Black. No question about that either. But now, I am not sure what to do, or rather how to justify buying Le Volume de Chanel for myself. At the price of one, I could get three of my good old Voluminous Carbon Black! That is quite a number in my opinion. Nevertheless, I think I will splurge on another Chanel product. Here is why: it is perfect. (For me, that is. I would love to here your experiences) I really appreciate that is does not smudge or budge at all the entire day. It creates long, thick but separated dark and intense lashes - just like the L´Oréal one, yes - BUT it does not, like so many other mascaras I have tried - smudge at the roots of my lashes when applying. I really don´t know if any one is getting what I mean. It might be just my personal problem. But often, when I apply mascara, I get a smudged and not so pretty "line" directly above my lash line. Why? I really don´t know. But it does not happen with Le Volume de Chanel. I think I don´t need to say much about the packaging. The Chanel one is obviously of a better quality and it´s simple and understated design speaks to me a lot more than the L´Oréal one. But that alone is no justification for a new purchase. I doubt though that I can withstand buying it once my sample runs out. I will continue using my old ones, but Le Volume de Chanel will for sure be a new addition to my (small) collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment