favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

5/5/13

(MALIN+GOETZ) . mojito candle


A candle that is currently burning constantly on my desk is the Mojito candle by New York Apothecary (Malin+Goetz). They are created in pairs with the idea that you burn two that are paired together simultaneously for the full on experience. The answer to my mojito candle would be their dark rum one. What a cool pair, especially in the summer time. I, for one, enjoy a mojito drink or two, so the names alone of this candle intrigued me. The scent is upbeat, fresh, in some way slightly balsamic, but extremely clean, lovely and up-lifting in your home. If you do not usually go for the typical fruity or floral scent, especially to fragrant you home, this might be a nice one to get. I enjoy burning it while working. 
If you are ever in New York, be sure to check out their entire store, they are absolutely stunning and the architecture is completely my cup of tea! I love it. So not only the candle with it´s fresh scent, or the modern and graphically composed lettering on the brushed glass of the candle, but also the entire concept of the store and their brand is something I really, genuinely love. Here is a quick description on their website for this candle:  "Our mojito candle is synthesized with natural notes of fresh lime and mint to instantly uplift and arouse the senses and spirits. Enlivens, energizes and awakens any environment with the stimulation of fresh and cool. Inspired by the iconic mojito cocktail, the top notes are lime, mint leaves, and peppery basil, a heart of spearmint and chinese mint, with a base note of white musk.  Remember to save the glasses for making mojitos!" That´s another thing I am looking forward to: actually using the glass after the candle is completely burned. Below is a close up of the text on the candle glass! It looks brilliant. They have a few candles that all sound interesting, and I think I will check out a completely new pair soon, and then try the concept of actually burning them together. 


3 comments:

  1. So chic, ughhh. Love the review as well, I'll have to check their candles out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dark Rum is my ABSOLUTE favorite! It reminds me of my sister and home and a perfect summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds lovely, I guess I will have to go check that one out as well! by the way, I really enjoy your blog, it is really inspiring!

      Delete