favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

5/8/13

INSPIRATION . new york street art


Last winter, when I was in New York over christmas and new years, I had just turned the corner coming from the high line in Chelsea, when my eye got caught on something fantastic: true New York street art. Everyone else walked past but I was transfixed. Some genius had sketched a face from tar on the side walk, where everybody else was walking past speedily. The blobs and dots and swirly lines actually formed a face, a really really nice face. I would love to know who did this. That persons artwork is now a part of my hallway. I framed my photograph of the face and put it up onto my hallway cupboard. Thank you who ever did this, I think it looks fascinating. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Carolin, just discovered your blog through a comment you posted on amodelrecommends. I'm really enjoying it, you have a great eye for beauty and design, especially loving this post. Great inspiration, brightened my gloomy Sunday. :-) Keep up the great work! Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sara, you just brightened my gloomy sunday with your lovely comment! I really appreciate it and am glad that you like my blog :) thank you! Carolin

      Delete