favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

5/7/13

CHANEL . le volume mascara


I am not quite sure, to be honest, if this is a new launch or if they have had it for years and I have just never noticed it. With a different purchase, I received this pocket-sized sample of the Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in °10 Noir. The size is pretty cute and perfect for my handbag for touch ups and especially at night when the handbags get smaller - so does my mascara now apparently. So I was quite happy for getting such a goodie! Ever since I got it, I have not stopped using it! And this even though I adore my other regular mascara (which is the L´Oréal one if you are interested - I will do a comparison post soon on these two). It might be the, or at least one of the best mascaras I have tried. It gives you thick, very long and separated lashes without clumps. It stays on long enough and it does not smudge. Especially at the very root of my lashes, where other mascaras tend to smudge a little, this one does not.  It is somehow a very clean and sophisticated look for my lashes, if that even makes sense, and I like to wear only this mascara - nothing else - for everyday at work or university and such! Give it a try! (Or maybe you have and are laughing at me for not having noticed this any sooner!!)
I will be posting a face soon so you can see how it actually looks on the lashes, it will most likely follow this one and be up quite soon.  EDIT: here it is

(I found this video promoting the mascara on the German Chanel website that I could not find on the American one, so if you are interested, have a look)
((and actually, now that I have watched the short clip again, it does say new mascara, so it probably is a new launch, at least here in Germany!?))

2 comments:

  1. Got this mascara a few weeks ago with a separate purchase as well. I live in the states and the associate informed me that it was, indeed, a new mascara. Thought I'd mention that if you didn't know already. I assume if it's new in Germany as well, it's probably new most everywhere.

    In addition to that, I feel similarly about the formulation and results. It will take some serious self-discipline for me not to purchase a full size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your reply! So it really is new! right now i still have my sample, but am pretty sure it will be hard for me as well not to buy the full size..

      Delete