favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

5/20/13

ARCHITECTURE . casa lola, a home in brazil














This would be my ideal dream vacation home. Besides the fantastic location in Trancoso, Brazil, the architecture is subtle, indigenous enough to not seem inappropriate in the area, comfortable, and effortlessly easy and chic - just the way I love it. I am all for contemporary, sleek, and clean, minimalistic design, but this is just what one (and I) would need as a refuge to seek serenity and tranquility in a warm and cozy surrounding. Perfection in imperfection, is what comes to my mind when I see this. I adore the raw screed floor surfaces in most parts of the house in contrast with old and battered wood and the pristine white interior. The bespoke concrete built-in furniture adds a bit of edgy and ruthless charm which I always really appreciate. The kitchen block is amazing in this house I think. It is simple and clean, but fits so well with the entire house. It is the element that ties the raw floor together with the furnishings and makes sure that the vibe does not become too old and solely shabby chic. I definitely like this home! I think it is for rent, but I am not sure. I would love to take a couple of friends and settle in for a few weeks. We would definitely have an amazing time! 
You can read about this home here, on the Casa Lola website
Photos and Info from www.casalolatrancoso.com

4 comments:

  1. These photos are so blissful. I wish that I was at paradise right now. x

    Tanya | Cat at Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love love love. These pictures made me long for a vacation.
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I want to be transported there right now!,
    Amazing!
    Xx
    SJ
    Www.fashinny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So rustic and beautiful!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete