favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

2/10/13

CITY PROFILE > Lisbon, Portugal







In late February, almost a year ago, I fell in love with this vibrant city that is Lisbon!
The colors, the people, the food, the weather - there is so much worth mentioning. I therefor want to share a few images and impressions, hoping that I can spread the love... In my opinion, it is definitely a city worth a trip!
There are so many fascinating spots around the entire city, some of which I would like to share here and in a couple of more specific posts that will follow this post.

The core of the city is not so large that it couldn´t be explored by foot. Walking is I think the best way to get to know Lisbon. Although the city is quite hilly and known as the city of seven hills, if you are used to walking, you will enjoy wandering through the picturesque streets, plazzas and of course to the many site seeing spots atop of the hills, from where you have the most amazing views.


The night life tends to start very late. The restaurants are packed around 10 pm and thats when the city starts to buzze with people getting ready for the warm and mellow nights.
On the castle grounds overlooking the ocean
Street lights
signature color: bright yellow
people meet up, playing music, eating and enjoying the view
I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences concerning this wonderful city.
More detailed information and my personal tips for places to see and restaurants to visit will come in the future, so check back!

All Images © copyright Carolin Meier of Desideratum-Design

5 comments:

  1. Wow, these photos are beautiful! Have never been to Portugal, but you're making a visit sound very tempting! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen27, I am glad you like it! It really was a great place for a city trip! Lisbon is amazing in my opinion. Maybe you do decide to go sometime, hope you have a great time if you do!

      Delete
  2. I've lived in Lisbon all my life, it's a gorgeous place isn't it! Glad you enjoyed your stay here xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow it must be great to live in Lisbon!! I really did enjoy it and would love to go again sometime! (I am sure I will)

      Delete