favorite posts

DESIGN
LE LABO IN NOLITA
TRAVEL AND PLACES
SPICE MARKET AT UNION SQUARE
TRAVEL AND PLACES
A DAY IN AMSTERDAM
ARCHITECTURE
EYE FILM MUSEUM

2/10/12

white towers sitting in the desert

I stumbled upon this magnificent vacation home in Coachella Valley in California by Edward Ogosta Architecture.
The house has four distinguishing towers which each contain a sleeping room at the top. They are situated precisely so as to have one individual view of the surroundings: the morning sunrise, the stars at night, the mountain ridge, and the city lights.
I just think it is amazing how the house just sits in the desert like a simple, yet intriguing and elegant sculpture. The spaces created within the house and outside including the pool are very unique I think, even though the basic geometry making up the house is rather basic.
And I would really love the sleeping room with the view to the stars!! That would be nice.
So take a look at some pictures which I gathered at the Architecture firm´s site (link above):












1 comment:

  1. That is HONESTLY the most perfect house I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete